2014 Metro Manila Film Festival – Box Office Predictions

Wooh! It’s that time of the year again where the whole family spends days together. Bonding with each other, sharing meals, attending Simbang Gabi`s and watching movies from one of the entries of the yearly event, MMFF or Metro Manila Film Festival. Each year, the festival attracts Filipinos and enthuse them to enjoy Filipino movies more than foreign movies. But since its establishment 40 years ago, only some films are worthy of being part of it even though they were handpicked by a selected group of juries. Shame.

Just like last year, the yearly MMFF has a lot in its hands. I would predict that this year’s MMFF gross would be higher. I’ve made a trailer analysis for this year’s entries (which could be seen here), and will post a series of movie reviews for each of the entries.

#1 : My Big Bossing / The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin
I was surprised when last year the Bossing movie was declared the first day top grosser. I bet it has something to do with Kris Aquino (I’d let you guys think). But this year, Praybeyt would have a higher chance of being the top grosser. Its 40% chance for Big Bossing and a 60% chance for Praybeyt Benjamin.
Estimate Gross: 40-60 Million

#3 : Feng Shui / English Only, Please / Kubot: Aswang Chronicles
I left #2 open because either the Bossing or Praybeyt would take it. For #3, I’m more on Feng Shui with 50% chance, English Only, Please with 30% chance and Kubot with 20% chance.
Estimate Gross: 10-30 Million

#6 : Shake Rattle & Roll XV / Bonifacio: Unang Pangulo
For the sixth place, I’m betting its gonna Bonifacio or SRR XV. Its a 50-50 chance.
Estimate Gross: 5-15 Million

For the last place, I’m very sure its going to be MM 357. Poor genre interest and poor publicity. Too bad, the trailer is kinda good. This are only my guess. Let’s just see what the results would be.

#

Advertisements

Author: Marlo Mancenido

@schtoofeed | Writer of The Movie Authorities, Seeker of the Best | Game writer and designer | Film fanatic | A campus journalist representing Camarines Norte as part of Collab for more than 2 years.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s